Description: Fire & Ink is devoted to increasing the understanding, visibility and awareness of the works of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender, queer and same gender loving writers of African descent and heritage. In order to achieve this important mission Fire & Ink may:
* Sponsor biennially an internationally focused forum for the scholarly and professional examination and celebration of black GLBT writing and publishing. The proceedings of this forum will be published and distributed.
* Advocate for increased inclusion of such GLBT works in libraries, academic curricula and bookstores.
* Sponsor workshops that nurture and strengthen GLBT writers and publishers of African descent and heritage.
* Publish a review of writing by GLBT writers of African descent and heritage.
Fire & Ink, Incorporated is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
Please see our Fire & Ink Facebook Group Guidelines downloadable document (under "Files" tab). Synopsis below:
Fire & Ink is a group created for and by LGBT writers of African descent. We welcome authors, literary professionals and readers. This is a family-oriented, friendly group. Feel free to share your stories, tips and ideas; ask and answer questions; and enjoy the Fire & Ink community.
Fire & Ink solicits and welcomes news stories about writing, publishing, and black LGBTQ life, culture and history with an emphasis on literature and writing. We also solicit and welcome news about upcoming works by and about black queer people, organizations, etc.
Fire & Ink has a ZERO - Tolerance Policy!
That means that we will not allow members in this group to be disrespectful to others, nor will we allow violations of our stated policies.
Specific types of posts that will be deleted:
• Posts that discuss, link or (in the judgment of the moderators) allude to services/vendors/products not congruent with Fire & Ink. While this Facebook group and its wall are public, it is still the official Fire & Ink Facebook group. Out of respect for our members we will delete posts referring to other vendors and posts that appear to be just "advertising" and not community building.
• Multiple self-promotional postings in a single day without prior consent from the moderators. This remains Fire & Ink’s group and shouldn’t function as a journal or diary.
• Personal posts that have virtually nothing to do with Fire & Ink.
• Actually selling books or products through services that harm group members. Traffic diverted to unprotected sites or sites that are phishing go against Fire & Ink’s principles.
• Anything with profanity, misogyny, homophobia, racism or transphobia, in keeping with Facebook’s terms of service [www.facebook.com/legal/terms].
• Any post or photo deemed obscene by discretion of Fire & Ink moderators.
If we find repeated violations of our posting guidelines, we will consider deleting those posters from this group.
Her book "Hunger" is so damn good. Halfway through... (13 hours ago)